Wednesday, April 30, 2008

M E G A P H O N E

Today I ran a bunch of errands for the meet on Saturday. I bought some extra awards ribbons, met with the high school coach to work out using his measuring tapes and stopwatches (which he's donating, we just have to get new batteries!) and, went to pick up the MEGAPHONE I am borrowing from Parks and Rec. to do the announcing at the meet. I know many people have probably used such a thing, but I never have, so Brandt didn't have to twist my arm to try it out once we got home. "Does it work?" you ask. Well, I'll put it this way, anyone in our neighborhood home at around 2 today, was greeted by me with a friendly "Hello" --whether they wanted to be greeted or not! It was definitely one of those, "I've gotta get me one a'these," moments.

For practice today, I had the 5-and-up kids do some Indian relays passing the baton. (see my post in March about these). While they were doing a couple of laps of those, I was helping the preschoolers practice running in their lanes. Then we practiced shot-put and jumping. I had them run one more lap at the end. One of the moms brought popsicles, which was a great incentive for them doing that last lap.

For my workout, I ran 50 minutes, mostly on the trails. Yesterday was slated to be a cross-train/rest day, and I chose rest. I watched a friends two boys all day, so I needed to conserve my energy. I'm doing some weights before bed tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sitting here alone at 11pm reading your blog and laughing! oh the laughs! I wish I had a megaphone to harass people with... now the hilarity has turned to jealousy. Still laughing, though! I wish I was one of your neighbors--no I wish I was a fly on the wall at each of their houses post-megaphone. I can just hear them now, "I thought those Smiths were pretty nice people, but boy are they strange." Yep, I wish I'd been there.