Monday, March 30, 2009

Workouts 3.24-3.30 and ULTIMA

Last Tuesday I biked 50 minutes and did weights. Wednesday I ran 55 minutes at an easy pace.

Thursday I ran 11.25 miles in the heat of the day. I tried out a new sugar-free high-electrolyte drink, hoping to alleviate my intestinal issues that come with harder runs. It is called "Ultima." I tried three different flavors. The strawberry banana flavor was delicious--it tasted like a banana Powerbar. The lemon-lime flavor was yummy, too--not the overly strong flavor a lot of lemon sports drinks have. The kiwi strawberry was yuckity-yuck. The good news: NO unwanted trips to the bathroom!! YEA!! (I know you're all relieved.)

Friday I rested. Saturday I biked 1 hr and did weights. Today (Monday) I ran 1 hr 2 minutes at an easy pace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!! I am so glad you had a good experience!! I hope it wasn't a fluke and that we have really found a solution in those electrolyte drinks. yeehaw!

Lia said...

you are such a hard worker!