Monday, March 23, 2009

BEACH!!!






So we went to the beach for Spring Break last week. It was a WONDERFUL trip. I had never gone in the spring and was worried it would be too cold. The water was a bit chilly (not enough to keep our boys from riding the waves), but it was a beautiful, serene, relaxing break from everyday life. We went with Eric's parents, so we all enjoyed being able to spend time with them--it had been close to a year since we last saw them.
We came home on Saturday, then on Sunday attended a concert of The Saints United Voices, directed by Gladys Knight. It was an amazing, inspiring and uplifting performance.
Today real life came back around. I received word that about 6 of our track practices in the next month were conflicting with soccer games being held at the stadium. Much of my day was spent working on and worrying about that issue. We had to move our practice time up, which will hopefully solve the problem.
While at the beach I was able to do some running. Last Monday (we were still here in town) I ran about 52 minutes. On Tuesday I biked 50 minutes and did weights. Wednesday I skipped and we drove to Pensacola Beach. Thursday I ran 12.35 miles in 1:43. This will serve as my main long run for the half-marathon coming up April 11. I felt okay, but had some intestinal issues I won't go into, and sincerely hope they don't afflict me during the race. Friday I skipped running (my legs needed a rest), and Saturday I ran 52 minutes at a tempo pace and felt great. Today I ran 53 minutes, taking it easy on the trails.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! You rock!

p.s. I share the same affliction after long, strenuous workouts, and have found that drinking an electrolyte drink of some sort periodically throughout the workout and immediately following helps significantly to reduce or eliminate the symptoms of said affliction. I suggest something low in sugar, like HEED electrolyte supplement rather than traditional gatorade.

Lia said...

that looks like a lot of fun! i wish i had been abl e to come one of the days! stinkin' flu