Sunday, April 5, 2009

Long week...

This week was one of the longer ones I've had in a while. It was a good week, but I think the anticipation of our first track meet, which was originally re-scheduled for Thursday but because of a tornado watch and rain we moved to Friday, made it kind of drag. I also had some marketing work to do, which made my time fuller, as well as my laundry baskets.

Workouts:
Tuesday I biked 50 minutes and did weights.
Wednesday I ran 52 minutes at an easy pace.
Thursday I did speed work on the treadmill: 1 mile warm-up, Three 1 mile intervals plus a couple of 1-2 minute speed bursts. I ran the miles at about 8.4 mph. I ran a total of 6 miles. I needed to do some longer speed training before the half marathon, so hopefully this will help my pace some. My pace for my long training runs has been okay, but not great (about 8:20), so I'm not sure how fast this race will be for me...
Friday I ran with Ashley for 6 miles (50 minutes). That night was the track meet. It was 90 kids, 4.5 hours of races and field events. I started about 54 races, having to yell "On your mark, Get set, Go" since I didn't have a megaphone. See my club's blog for the things I learned from this first meet. I came home feeling similarly to how I feel after a 18+ mile run, but I recovered much more quickly.
Saturday we watched General Conference. I biked downstairs while watching the second session. It was actually very nice. I probably paid better attention during that session than any of them. I biked 20 miles in 59 minutes and did upper-body weights. I'm laying off the leg weights until after the half this Saturday.

No comments: