Saturday, July 26, 2008

little fruits

I've needed to have a pen in my hand all week to record all the funny things Brandt has said. He's entered that stage of saying "the darndest things." He found a picture of our wedding day. We were standing in a posed shot with Eric's parents. He said Grandpa, Dad, and Grandma all looked good, but I looked weird. I asked him why, and he said my dress made me look weird. I pointed out that I had a big white thing on my head that must make me look pretty funny, and he said, "No, it's your dress. It makes you look weird."
Then, today at a church activity, as my sister, Melyssa was taking her daughter to the bathroom, Brandt was going in, too. Melyssa's daughter pointed out, "This is the girl's bathroom, Brandt."
He replied, "I know."
So she asked, "Then, why are you still coming in here?"
"Because I just want to see if it's awesome."
'Nuff said.
Eric has been wanting to borrow my mom's dehydrator for a while to dry some fruits and veggies. We finally did it and they turned out great! We dried strawberries, apples, apricots and blueberries. We didn't grow any of the fruits ourselves, but hopefully eventually our strawberry patch and blueberry bushes will produce enough for us to put away some of our own harvest. The boys are loving snacking on the fruits. They are as sweet as candy, with no added sugars!

I don't know if this picture will really do justice to this cute scene Eric caught on camera. Eli set up his teepee and was watching tv with just his head poking out. Maybe you have to be his parent to love this pic, but I'm sharing it anyway.

Eric also caught a good (though a bit fuzzy) picture of Asher's concerned, "don't make me do/touch/eat that" face. It is so animated, we have trouble with giving him anything but positive feedback when he makes it.



I've had a great week for working out. Monday I tried out the "Virtual Training Partner" feature on the Forerunner. You program in your distance and time goals, and then when you press start, two little runners are on the screen and it tells you how far ahead or behind you are from your virtual partner. I programmed in 6 miles in 50 minutes. My partner was ahead about 300 feet for a good part of the run, since I didn't start very fast. I did the Sherman Oaks loop 1.5 times, plus some extra in the sports complex. By the end I somehow caught the opponent and finished in 49:52.
Tuesday I did weights and biked inside for 50 minutes. I watched the first half of "The Italian Job."
Wednesday I did intervals using the Forerunner. I warmed up for 1.28 miles (11:15), then did 6 800's with 2 minute rest walk/jogs in-between. I averaged a 6:30 pace on the fast intervals, which is what I was going for. I still just love being able to look down at my wrist to see my speed!
Thursday I did an easy 50 minute recovery run on the trails.
Friday I overslept a bit, but Eric was kind enough to stick around and watch the boys so I could get a quick and intense 40 minutes in on the bike. I watched the second half of "The Italian Job," which was perfect for getting me going fast--I love that show! I pulled down the resistance and really tried to hammer out a hard ride.
Today I felt that hard ride. I decided to use try out the "multi-sport" function on the Forerunner. I rode 10 miles, pushing my pace, down Happy Hollow and Mary Munger,then a bit down Hwy 11 and back home, averaging 17.7 mph, which I felt good about considering the steep hills. Then I quickly changed and went over to Trak Shak to run. About halfway through the 5.6 mile loop, I was feeling my hard rides, and slowed down. I averaged a 7:42 mile pace on my run.

No comments: