Wednesday, July 16, 2008

bloggogglebloggogglebloggoggle


Yea, verily. Twas the Dawning of a New Era.

Eric came through on his promise to give me a Garmin Forerunner!! He surprised me with it today! I will no longer have to guess how far I went on the trails. I won't have to be hoping I'm keeping a certain pace for intervals. Alas, Google Maps and I won't be spending as much time together.
Needless to say, I'm pretty fired up about my new little gadget.

So, here are the last few workouts in the "old era" of my workouts: Monday I ran 1 hr 6 minutes. I didn't mean to go quite so long, but I ran an errand, in the literal sense, for something I needed from a pharmacy, but the first store I got to, CVS, was closed, and the second, Food World, didn't have it, so I had to run to Winn Dixie. It turned out to be a pretty good run, though.
Tuesday I biked for 40 minutes at an easy pace (averaged about 19mph), and did weights.
This morning I did intervals on the treadmill. I warmed up for about 15 minutes (it always takes me a while in the mornings to feel loose enough to do speedwork), then did about 25 minutes of intervals, the first few were 2-4 minutes each at 8.8-9.3mph pace, with 1-2 minute rests in between. The last few were 1-2 minutes at 9.5-10mph pace with 1 minute rests. I cooled down for about 6-7 minutes.

Tomorrow is Eli's first swim meet. He is pretty excited about it. Today he did really well at his lesson--he kept up with and even passed kids twice his age. It should be fun to see him compete.

Brandt is enjoying his swimming lessons. He is the smallest (and I suspect youngest) in his group, which I think he was a little uncomfortable with at first. He seems fine with it now. Today, after much encouragement, he jumped into the deep, deep end of the pool and swam to the ladder.

Asher has entered a stage of extreme separation anxiety. He goes berserk anytime he thinks Eric or I are leaving him (even if the other is still there!). He does like goggles, though.

No comments: