Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jerri

Jerri Gunter, a dear friend died very unexpectedly on Sunday. She was 47 and the mother of 11. Jerri and I visit taught each other for the past couple of years. She was one of the most giving, loving, fun people I have known. I will miss her vigorous hugs each Sunday. I'll miss hearing her answer the phone, "Hey, Girl!" when I called. She was the only person to ever tell me I looked "sexy" at church. Her compliments had a way of making me really feel beautiful, even on days when the kids were driving me nuts, and I was feeling exasperated. When Asher was born, he was in the NICU for 12 days. It was a tough time for me. Jerri called to tell me she was bringing over dinner. She not only brought an incredible homemade meal, but a week's worth of groceries and 3 brand new dresses. She endured adversity from many fronts throughout her life, but allowed the bumps in the road to strengthen her. She will be missed by all who have been privileged to call her friend.

1 comment:

Joanna Galbraith said...

Very nicely said, Kelly.