Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Splendid!






I thought my blog needed a few pics, so here are some from the Labor Day weekend. We took the boys on a hike in the sports complex. I had discovered several new trails there while running that morning (I went 52 minutes at an easy pace). We hiked about 2 miles, then went over to a field and passed and kicked the football and soccer ball. The boys LOVED seeing Eric kick the ball. He is actually pretty good (He was the kicker on his jr. high team one year, I think). His aim isn't right-on, but he probably kicked it 50 yrds. a few times. The boys liked the ones that went super-high. I think Brandt was seriously hoping it would get stuck in the clouds. He kept asking Eric to try to get it up there.
Brandt has been saying all kinds of cute things lately. Some of the most precious verbal jewels we get from him are when we are spying on him and Eli as they play. Over the weekend they were pretending with their toys, and we heard Brandt say, very animatedly, "That is a splendid idea, Eli. That is a splendid idea!"

The first pic is Eli reading to Asher. That's one of those visions you have of your kids that is even better when it really happens.
The second is of the boys chillin'. Asher isn't much for t.v. yet, but he likes to be where his brothers are, so he often just sits next to them when they are watching a show.
The third is Asher lookin' handsome on Sunday for church. He is looking more and more like a Smith.
The fourth is a painting I finished this week. I tried painting on some scrap wood and really liked the results. I may take a break from canvases for a while.
The fifth is on our hike.

This morning I biked for 51 minutes while reading the second "Children of the Promise" series. I am really enjoying those books. I'm realizing more and more how my generation really doesn't know sacrifice. If we are forced to give up much of our comfortable lifestyles due to the state of the nation/world in the future, it will really be a struggle for most Americans.
I also did full-body weights.

2 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

Kelbs, that painting is soo pretty! I love it! I love all the pictures you posted, too. I really think Asher looks like a miniature Eric!

JuliaCotten said...

That painting caught my eye! I was scrolling down looking how cute your boys are and saw the painting as well. Your so talents, love the colors, love the pictures.

Julia