Saturday, September 6, 2008

tired

My legs are tired. I don't say "TGIF," but "TGIS", meaning Sunday, since it is the Sabbath, and as a Latter-day Saint, I try to rest from "wordly" labors. Sometimes because of my calling in the Primary (the children's Sunday school) , it isn't all that restful at church, but the balance of the day is my day off from exercise, shopping, running kids around, and heavy house work. I also typically eat an extra cookie or 3 on Sunday. Today is Saturday, though, and I want to act like its Sunday. My legs are exhausted from my workouts this week.
Wednesday I ran with Ashley. We ran around 6 miles in 46 minutes. It was a tough run for me. The muggy air and my heavy, squat-fatigued legs felt pretty spent on the last couple of hills in the sports complex.
Thursday I biked 40 minutes and had a really good weight workout. I got 3 sets in of almost everything I do.
Friday I ran 8.5 miles. It took me 1:11. I got up at 5 that morning and went to the track since it's still dark. The first mile I was pretty stiff, but I felt pretty good after a while. My average pace was 8:21/mi. overall, but I know my last few miles were significantly faster than my first couple.
Today I got out before light again and biked 27.9 miles in 1:42. That is about 16.5 mph average. When I came home it was time for the boys to go to cross country practice. Eric took them today, and Asher was very sad to be left out, so I took him for a little run in the stroller--which he loves to do. My legs were VERY tired, and the clouds looked rather ominous, so I stuck around our neighborhood and ran 1 mile, then walked about a third of a mile.

2 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

Reading about all of your workouts is so inspiring! I can barely make myself get up at 7! And that's only 3 days a week! I think I am going to start lifting waits to supplement my running, so I am excited about that. Keep up the good work!!

Unknown said...

you are a MACHINE!!!!