Saturday, September 20, 2008

Poor, deprived piggy

Eric is gone tonight to a youth dance, and I've been practicing my patience with the boys. They have really been pretty good, but I pulled a muscle in my second smallest toe (I know how lame that sounds--no pun intended), and every step I take sends a shooting pain--not excruciating, but annoying, nonetheless--up my foot. So I would have liked to have had the night off. I've just been counting my blessings that it's not any worse and saying little prayers that it will heal soon.

Here are my workouts for the rest of the week:
Wed: I ran with Ashley. We went 5.8 miles in 46:14.
Thursday: I did nine 400 repeats at a 10mph pace on the treadmill with 1:30 rests (jogging) in between. I also did full body weights and somehow strained my "little piggy that had none."
Friday: I biked 45 minutes on the stationery. I went about 15 miles. Biking doesn't hurt my toe at all :)
Today: I biked 33.5 miles. It took me just over 2 hrs. I changed my route up a bit today and rode down Happy Hollow to Advent Circle. I'd heard that was hilly--and it lived up to its reputation. Here is a graph of the elevation for my ride (Advent Circle was in the first 1/3 of the route) :

2 comments:

Unknown said...

when a mom is tired and is ready for a break, those little ailments become very large ailments and the task of caring for children that she really, truly loves becomes almost more than she can bear. I feel for such moms. I have been one...today, in fact. You're a great mom, Kelbs.

Unknown said...

whoa! that is one kick-booty ride you went on! I can't believe how fast you did it! You must have averaged like 16 mph on those hills. Way to go tough girl!