Sunday, August 31, 2008

Road kill

I need to write down my workouts this week so I don't forget what I did:
Wednesday I ran with Ashley. We went 6.32 miles in 51:57. Ashley is good a pushing me up the hills. I usually kind of slow a bit then increase my speed on the down hill. It always seemed to me that she just stayed the same pace regardless of going up or down hill. Well, now I have proof for that theory:
Here is a chart of our run on Wed.

Here is a chart of my run on Friday ( I went 8.1 miles in 1:09). Notice how much more variance there is in my speed. The route I ran had more rolling hills, which contributed to my speed changes , I'm sure.I also biked a good bit this week. Thursday I rode on the stationary bike for 45 minutes, but went pretty hard. I also did full-body weights. That afternoon I went to CC practice with the boys and ran about ten 150's with Eli, while pushing Asher and Brandt in the stroller (Brandt got the day off due to sore legs from his 5-yr. immunizations). I slept good that night.

Saturday morning I biked 32 miles. It took me almost 2 hrs. My average pace was 16.1 mph, but that was skewed down a bit by stoplights, intersections, etc. I looked down at my watch and was keeping around19 mph on the flats, but got down to 10 and 12mph on some of the hills. It felt pretty good to go that far. And my legs were SO much less spent than after a run lasting that length of time.
I amused myself by taking account of all the different roadkill Alabama has to offer. On that one ride I saw on the side of the road: a racoon, a deer, a frog, a snake, several squirrels, 2 armadillos, a possum (we don't call them "opossums" 'round here), and a live rabbit. yum.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Kelly! How do you do these charts? My husband would have crazy fun with these...
How are all you guys? Your boys are adorable!