Monday, June 2, 2008

Swimming, running, aliens, etc...

Today the boys started Red Cross swim lessons at a city pool in Birmingham. They go for 1 hr each day for 2 weeks (Mon-Fri), and it costs $3/kid TOTAL. "Unbelievable!!" you say? True story. They both are excited about it. Eli was feeling really good about himself b/c he is the youngest kid in the "Level 2" class. I was really pleased and relieved that Brandt seemed to listen and follow directions really well. It gives me hope for how his behavior will be when he starts kindergarten in the fall.

My workouts the last few days: Friday I biked for 35 minutes on the stationary and did triceps work, bicep curls, military press, lat pulls, and leg extensions. Saturday I ran 1hr 33 minutes. I didn't plan to run so long, but I stopped to use the facilities at my parents house and accidentally left my keys there. I was almost back to my car when I realized the blunder, so I had to run a bit further. I ran with a man who was at Trak Shak for the group run for 40 minutes of my run--that portion of it I kept a pretty good clip. The rest of my run wasn't slow, but not at a "tempo" pace either. My legs were VERY tired the rest of Sat. and Sunday. Today they felt pretty stiff, so I eased into my run and did an easy 52 minute run on the trails. I'm going to do weights with Eric tonight.

I've been reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. I'm really enjoying it--much more than I expected to after the first 70 or 80 pages. It's a sci-fi, which I haven't cared for in the past. She is such a compelling author, though--I think I'd enjoy pretty much anything she writes, regardless of the genre.

1 comment:

Matthew Hansen said...

Eric and Kelly! Whats up guys. Miss talking to you.

I am in Reno until August then headed for more school in Indiana. Engaged once and close another but no marriage.

Linked you guys on my new blog as the first and only. However, don't get too cocky. That will change.

I'll have some pictures up there soon.

-Matt Hansen (BYU days)

www.matthewdeanhansen.blogspot.com