Thursday, June 12, 2008

hands off!


I realized I hadn't documented our new small addition to the family-- our small flat-panel for our little tv room off the kitchen. This is the room most of the non-sleep relaxation happens in our house. I love having a tv that the kids can't easily touch. However, as you can see from this picture, Asher loves climbing on the couch and getting into the dvd's that are there on the shelf in the corner. That shelf has been emptied more than once. I'm hoping that piece of furniture will "become furniture" to Asher soon, and he won't bother it anymore. I believe in childproofing, but I also believe in my kids learning there are certain things they just do not touch. They will push their limits, though...

I biked outside this morning for the first time in years!! Eric got my bike mostly working--I can't go into my climbing gear, but that is mostly just needed for the steep, off-road hills I'm not doing with slicks on my bike anyway. Clicking in and out with my shoes isn't completely second-nature again, yet. I'm still kind of unsure of what roads are good and biker-friendly, so this morning I was kinda checking out different roads around here. I learned one NOT to go on at 6:30am--Old Springville. Deerfoot, Happy Hollow, and Trussville-Clay were pretty nice, though. I just don't like narrow, winding, busy streets with no shoulder whatsoever. I rode about 14 miles. It took me about 55 minutes. I was kinda disappointed in my pace at first, but the route I did was VERY hilly, so I cut myself some slack. I did push-ups, chair-dips, and sit-ups after I got back.
Yesterday I ran 58 minutes. I went on trails and did one loop around Sherman Oaks. I pushed the pace for most of the run. Tuesday I biked downstairs for 50 minutes. Monday I ran pushing Brandt in the stroller for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Matthew Hansen said...

Running wasatch back relay this weekend. I will let you and Eric know if i live through it.

This kind of thing is more your cup of tea I think. Hopefully I won't die.

Cute kids.