Monday, June 23, 2008

Pensacola Beach!

We had a great time on our family trip to Pensacola Beach. The water was crystal clear, the sand was bright white, and the jellyfish were stingin'. We got pretty good at watching out for them, though, and most of us only got stung once the whole week. I buried about 8 or so that I caught all in the same place throughout the week. The ant population seemed to be growing exponentially each time I brought a new jelly to the graveyard. hmmm... interesting....
Eli and Brandt both learned to catch waves and ride them in on boogie boards/floats. Asher LOVED just crawling around, chasing waves up and down the shoreline.
On Wednesday we went to the Naval Museum of Flight in Pensacola and to a watch the Blue Angels practice. WOW!! I had no idea how exciting that would be! Watching these super-fast jets fly right at each other then turn in opposite directions at the very last second--all directly above a crowd of 1,000 or so spectators--made my heart stop more than once! They boys loved it, too. The museum was also impressive. Eli especially liked the huge engines and the air-craft carrier models on display there.
We went out to eat at Peg Leg Pete's after the air-show and museum. I don't think I've ever enjoyed shrimp so much. It was a great place to take a family. They kids meals were served in sand buckets.
On Friday Mom, Melyssa, Sarah, and I rented some sidewalk cruisers and biked to Fort Pickens. I mentioned this in my workout log post. It was a great excursion. We were all hot and tired when we got back. We all got icee's at a Circle K; it was the best Icee I've had--EVER. After riding/walking our bikes through sand for 3+ hours in shade-less heat, we definitely earned a treat!
Eric and Asher Dad catching some rays in the "tanning bed" the little people dug. They only charged a clam or two to lay for as long as we wanted to. And they offered massages--what a deal!

Brandt and I waiting to catch a wave.
Asher on the roof deck of our house.The Blue Angels

Eli with a sick engine!
Brandt and Eli
Asher taking a break from the sun.

No comments: