Wednesday, March 12, 2008

today's workouts

For my workout, I did a quick but intense 43 minutes on the treadmill. I ran a 15 min warm-up, gradually getting faster as I went. Then I did 20 minutes of 1, 2 and 3 minute intervals with 30 second and 1 minute rests between. For the first 10 minutes, I averaged about 9.2 mph for the speed intervals, the second half I upped it to 10mph. Then I cooled down for 8 minutes at about a 7mph pace. I watched Transformers during this, which helped considerably.

For the kids' workout, after their warmups and stretching, we did some field relays. I lined them up in 2 lines. On each end of the field were 2 baskets. The far end baskets had tennis balls. They raced to see which team could move the balls, one at a time, from the far basket to the ones they started at. They seemed to enjoy it--and they got a good workout without realizing it. Then we worked on shot-put technique with a weighted softball. I hope I'm not screwing them up. I've never shot-putted, so I'm teaching them from what I've read. I'm trying to keep it really basic. At Saturday's practice a former All-American shot-putter may be coming to help out, which would be awesome. We ended practice with a 50 yard dash and popsicles.

(PS-While writing this, the last of the yummy cookies I made for Family Home Evening were devoured by Eric and the boys. I was REALLY looking forward to having one once I got to relax tonight, but now they're gone. I need to start hiding food I want, living with 4 males [then I'd qualify for some kind of psychiatric care, though...] There were about 15 cookies this morning and I haven't had 1!! :( poor me..!)

No comments: