Saturday, August 16, 2008

First day of school!!


Well, the Brandt-man started kindergarten, and Eli started second-grade this week! They were both up and at-'em--completely dressed and wearing their back-packs-- at 6:30am on Thursday. They both really like their teachers and classmates. And so far, so good for both of them with behavior....

Because of my foot hurting over the weekend,I decided to take it easy this week with the running. I biked a very hilly course on Monday, going a total of 16.1 miles in 1:03. Tuesday I biked inside for 50 minutes and did upper and lower body weights. I haven't been doing leg weights for a while, so doing squats and leg extensions made for heavy legs the rest of the week (I did whole-body weights on Thursday, too). Wednesday I tried running. I ran 6.1 miles in 54 minutes. I started really slow b/c of my heavy legs. The middle I was able to pick up the pace, but then at the end my foot started hurting again. So I haven't run at all the rest of this week. I have biked, though. Thursday I biked 45 minutes downstairs. Friday I biked just over an hour (20 miles) downstairs. And today I biked outside. I went down Happy Hollow to Mary Munger and took Hwy 11 up to Springville, then came back through downtown T'ville. It was a total of 29 miles and it took me 1:47. When I got back, Eli and Brandt wanted to go for a run, so I put Asher in the stroller and the 4 of us went for a 1-mile run. We came home to hot blueberry pancakes made by Chef Eric. YUMMY!

No comments: