Saturday, August 9, 2008

sick and tired

This began as a fun, promising week. We spent a couple of days and an afternoon at a friend's pool, I got some screamin' deals on school clothes for the boys from Old Navy, and the forecast was calling for cooler morning temps by the weekend. Then I got sick. It began as a splitting headache, then achiness and fever decided to crash the party. I'm pretty much over it now, but I still feel extra tired.
Despite just being sick, I couldn't resist the pull of 65 degree weather this morning and I went for a run. I ran 10 miles. This was the first time I added the trails in and seemed to keep my GPS signal. Its amazing how much the trails slow you down. I think I averaged about 9:30 on the trails, and 8:15 on the roads. I really picked it up for the last mile and half--I looked down and was running a sub-7 minute pace for a bit. But I'm feeling my workout and recent sickness tonight. I think I pulled a little muscle or strained a tendon in my foot on the trampoline after my run, so I've been icing it on and off. I hate injuries.
I skipped Thursday and Friday due to my sickliness, but ran 7 miles on Tuesday in 59:18. I went through the sports complex and around the historic area and back. Wednesday I biked for 50 minutes downstairs and read more Breaking Dawn, which I finished that day and LOVED it. What a beautiful story of love, sacrifice, freedom, and choices!
Here's what Eric came home to on Monday afternoon. We had been at the pool all day and all crashed in different rooms of the house. I was on the brown couch in the tv room; Eli was on a couch in the living room, Asher was up in his bed, and Brandt... in the kitchen, of course.

No comments: