Sunday, April 12, 2009

TALLADEGA!!!!






The race was super--perfect weather, awesome course, well managed, and I was happy with my run. I figured a couple of things out, too. One, drinking Gatorade at almost every aid station is not a good enough way to keep away the painful symptoms of dehydration that I'm so prone to (Pepto-Bismol became my best friend--that and the closest toilet). Secondly, I have no desire to run a full-marathon. I was sufficiently beat after a half. Stomach cramps started to plague me at about 10 miles, and my calves were cramping for the last mile. I was glad it was over when it was. I ended up finishing in 1:46:55.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

way to go kelly, way to go (clap, clap)

you rock, but I must say the biggest smile came from Brandt's skeleton shirt. what style!! I guess that's why they call him Mr Bones!