Friday, May 23, 2008

seven years in the movie theater.

My legs felt pretty tired Monday from the race, so I took it easy on a 50 minute run through the sports complex and partially on the trails. Tuesday I biked for 50 minutes--about 16 miles--going nowhere on the stationary. I also did upper body weights that night with Eric. Wednesday I randomly woke up at 5:20, so I got out the door in time to run about 8 miles (1:06). I felt pretty stiff for the first part, but felt better as I went. Yesterday I did some treadmill speed work. It took me a while to feel warmed up--I had to start with a s l o w jog and gradually build. Once I got going I was able to do two 1-mile intervals at a 9.1-9.3 mph pace (around a 6: 30 pace). Then I went outside and sprinted up our hill 10 times. Today I biked downstairs for 40 minutes and did weights. Eli and Brandt came down and took turns on the bike and the treadmill. Brandt learned his incline and speed limitations today--he likes to push those "up" arrows. It was a bit scary, and his knee got a small abrasion, but, hey, he learned a valuable lesson that many 4- year-olds won't learn for years!
I have watched the movie "Seven Years in Tibet" now for about 3 workouts, finally finishing it today. I love the movie, but I can see why my bro-in-law Matt called it what I titled this post.
I went by the Trak Shak to get some new shoes this week, but they didn't have any big enough for me in stock (I wear a 10.5-11!!), so hopefully the ones they ordered in from the other store will be in today so I can wear them for my run tomorrow. I have loved my Air Pegasus, so I am getting another pair (and they'll be free w/ the gift certificate I won--woohoo!).

No comments: