Thursday, May 29, 2008

fruit market

Today I went to the Farmer's Market in downtown. Melyssa and I started a co-op with some friends so we could get fresh food for cheaper by getting it in bulk at the market. I LOVE having so much produce in my house. When I want a snack I have so many choices! After we get all the fruit we sort it into 8 piles for each family in our co-op. The first time we did it at my house and I was SO glad I live on a dead-end. There's another house in my neighborhood that is the token trashy-yard house. And to add insult to injury, for the last couple of years they would have pallets of produce piled prominently in their front yard (pardon my alliteration)--and not neatly piled, either. Watermelons, cantelopes, onions, various potted plants---all strewn throughout the already messy yard. Once a couple pallets of onions got dropped out on the road and several cars ran over them--so people entering our neighborhood were greeted with the attractive body-oder smell that onions emit. So we started to refer to this house affectionately as the "Fruit Market." Well, when I had piles of fruits and veggies all over my driveway, I felt like quite the hypocrite. Like most cases of criticism and judgment-passing, I guess I was just jealous.

Here's a recap of my workouts this week: Monday I ran to Marvin's and back to get some nuts and bolts we needed to hang the new t.v. I pushed Asher in the stroller; it took 1hr 1min. Tuesday I biked for 45 minutes and did a few weights. Wednesday I did speed-work on the treadmill: 17 minute warm-up, 18 minutes of intervals (40 secs at 6min/mile pace, 20 sec rest), then a 10 minute cool-down. Today I ran on the trails for 52 minutes and did push-ups (3x20), chair-dips (3x20) and ab-work. I watched National Treasure 2 while working out this week. It was a good distraction during those intervals--especially the car-chase scene in London.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to be a part of your co-op. I want lots of produce!

see ya in two weeks!