Monday, May 12, 2008

9 days


The title of this post is what I drew (wrote) on Eli's snack sack today, because that is how many days of school he has left until summer. Throughout this school year, I have drawn pictures on his snack bag each morning. I've tried to have them themed with what is going on. For instance, in October he had sacks with bats, pumpkins, etc. Some are just cartoon characters he likes, and some are just designs using his name. What has pulled at my heartstrings to keep me drawing, is that he won't throw the bag away because it has a picture I drew on it. What a sweetie...

I haven't recorded workouts since last Wed, so here is a quick account:
Thursday: Biked 20 minutes, did weights; Friday: Ran 11 miles in 1:32. Saturday: Ran 50 minutes on trails. Sunday: enjoyed a beautiful, restful Mother's Day. Today: Biked 45 minutes, did upper body weights.

Today was our last regular practice. We were going to have another meet on Thursday with a team of about 25-30 kids, but their coach just found out only 3 kids from his team committed to come, so we decided to cancel. Then ,today another coach called me who had heard about the meet and asked if we were still on. I told him we'd love to still meet. His team is small, so it will really just be like having time-trials at a practice with a few extra kids. Still, it will be nice for our last workout to be a little different.

I'm excited for summertime! I was planning to have Eli and Brandt swim at the Y, but the price to be on their swim team went up so much, we decided to go elsewhere. The city of Birmingham has very well-done swim program that is VERY inexpensive (practically free). It isn't as close as the Y, but even with the high gas prices, it is a MUCH more economical choice. We also have a couple friends with pools who are very generous with sharing. Around here, you pretty much have to be immersed, or recently immersed in water to enjoy the great outdoors in the summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a great tradition! eli will always remember your drawings. what a cool mom.