Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Perks of Parenthood

Eli: "Mom, you know how I'm playing basketball now, and I do lots of different sports, too?"
Me: "Yes."
Eli: "Well, will I ever, ya know, like, get cheerleaders in my sports?"
Me: "Not while you are this age. Cheerleaders probably won't start cheering at games until you are at least Aunt Lia's age (12)."
Eli: "Well, when cheerleaders do come, will I get to, ya know, talk to them and know them and stuff?"
Me: "Yes."
Eli: "Okay. I was just wondering."

_________

Brandt: "Hey Mom! Did you know that Sonic doesn't wear any clothes and he just runs around naked all the time?"

________

Brandt: "Dad, if I were to eat a really tiny guy and I didn't crunch, could he just be alive inside my belly?"
Dad: "Well, I guess so." :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, so great! These were all absolutely the greatest. Your boys are really funny. You've done a good job at helping them feel good about asking whatever questions they want. I remember wondering about the little tiny guy thing as a kid (maybe not exactly the same, but similar) but never asking because I thought I should already know the answer and I thought it was a stupid question. Brandt is much more uninhibited than I.

The Grush's said...

I love it! Our boys sometime say things like that. I should write them down. We are going to be there this Sun, Mon, Tues. Give me a call and we will try to work something out. If You don't have our cell # email me. erin_grush@yahoo.com

Lia said...

that is hilarious! i printed it out and everyone got a kick out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina G said...

these made me laugh out loud kelbs!!! sooo funny....