Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mi Amore



I have never much cared for the term "hubby" to describe one's husband. I didn't like it as a child and made a personal pact with myself not to use it. Now that I have a husband, I feel every bit as strongly that "hubby" does not describe Eric. Plus, if it is supposed to be a shortened version of "HUSband" wouldn't "hussy" be more appropriate? I have called Eric "HUBsand" on occasion, and he doesn't seem to mind. Heehee.

Whatever a "hubby" is (other than a sorry name for husband), I think Asher looks much more like one in the picture above than Eric does. :)

Workout log:
Monday: I ran 1:02 at an easy pace.
Tuesday: I biked 45 minutes.
Wednesday: I did weights in the morning and then pushed the stroller for 54 minutes. I think I went about 6 miles.
Thursday: I did speed work on the treadmill. 10 minute warm-up then several 1 and2 mi. intervals (at 9.5-10mph) and one 6.5 minute interval (at 8.8 mph). It wore me out.
Friday: I biked for about 35 minutes but had to stop when the stationary bike started a grinding noise. I think it may have bit the dust. I finished with a weight workout.
Saturday: I met a couple of guys at Trak Shak for a run. I warmed up for just over a mile before meeting them, then we ran about 7.3 miles. A good portion of the run was at about 7:10-7:20 pace. It was a HARD run for me. But good. I ended up running 8.4 miles in 1:05.

No comments: