Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Frisbee Goof







So I consider myself an athlete. Not a pro, but a decently conditioned, somewhat coordinated sportster. At least I did.

A few days ago my parents had "Grandma Day" which involves all the grandkids having a Christmas party with my mom and dad. (not sure why my dad didn't get credit for his involvement in the title of this momentous occasion, but he didn't). So as has become tradition, all the non-children (teens on-up) go play Frisbee golf during this time. This was my second time to play--but I played like I was not only new to this sport, but new to the Frisbee. In highschool I used to throw frisbee with friends between classes. I was pretty good at it. I even kept one in my backpack. Apparently, for me, frisbee throwing is NOT like riding a bike. My throws went every way except where they should have. One time it took me three throws to move about 10 feet from the start of the course. Really. Sad.
So, I guess I need to practice more frisbee throwing between now and next Grandma day to redeem my reputation among my siblings. They can laugh at me behind, beside and in front of me for a year. I make no promises, though. I'm the only of 8 who can't carry a tune. Maybe the frisbee golf gene passed on by me, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

kelly,
you have always been the class clown and this game of golf was no different, BUT what makes a good class clown is true of you and that is the ability to laugh at yourself--an ability many could only hope to have. You provided excellent comic relief for everyone.

p.s. i've heard you successfully carry many-a-tune, so don't count yourself out there!

Christina G said...

HA! funny...i had a similar experience @ Daniel's wedding in Chicago in Oct. At the pre-wedding brunch, Dan & a few others started throwing around the frisbee and it was like all those times during high school were null & void....I was terrible at it! *Sigh*