Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time

This has been a weekend to remember--for many reasons. Friday Eric and I went out on a date--which is rare enough these days to be a noteworthy event. We went to our favorite Chinese place and then to see Twilight. We both really enjoyed it. I wonder about the "repeat watchability," but it had good acting and definitely followed the book. It was mostly just nice to go out sans kids.
Saturday evening Mom, Jill, Hannah, Lia, and I went to Atlanta for a quick night on the town! We went to Ikea (which none of them had experienced before), and then to my friend Emily Christianson's dance performance. It was really exciting to see a friend from high school who has become such talented dancer and coreographer. It was a modern dance all set to James Bond movie music--very cool.

Today I turned 30--old, I know.

I just heard that a dear friend passed away today after a drawn-out battle with cancer. Gail was the mom of one of my best childhood friends. During the years my family lived in Hermitage, TN, we spent more time with Gail and her kids than any other family. She was a FUN mom. She encouraged the hair-brained ideas that we would come up with--when most parents would probably stifle. We dressed up, performed, danced, cooked, created, and went crazy with her approval. I loved going to her house. She was the rare parent that every kid felt comfortable around. She just exuded love. All who have had the privilege to know her in this life can count themselves blessed.

Workout log:
Monday:I ran 52 minutes on the trails and did weights.
Tues: I biked 45 minutes.
Wed:I ran 52 minutes with Ashley. It was COLD!!
Thurs.: I did weights only.
Friday: I biked 20 miles
Sat.: I ran 1:09. COLD again.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Happy birthday, Kelly!!!
Erica Garcia

Sara said...

What a lovely tribute, Kelly. Thank you so much! Those are fond memories of mine as well! I hope you had a great birthday!