Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blahblahrunblahrunblahbikeblahblahrun

I need to get my workouts down before I lose track....
Last Friday: I biked inside for 1 hr 10 minutes. I kept a good, steady pace, but didn't simulate many hills so my legs would be rested for Saturday's run.
Saturday: I ran 8.7 miles in 1:11. I felt great on this run. After, I went to practice with the boys and did about seven 150's with Brandt and two 200's with Eli.
Monday: I ran 1 hr and an easy pace. I went around Sherman Oaks and through the trails in the sports complex. In the afternoon I jogged a mile with Brandt at practice, in jeans and Earth shoes.
Tuesday: I biked 45 minutes and did full body weights.
Today: I ran 5.8 miles in 47:30. It was muggier than it has been, but a few light showers at the beginning and an all out downpour at the end of this run made it a really nice one.

I signed up to do the Maple Leaf Run, a 5k here in town the weekend after this one. I have been kinda nervous about it. I haven't raced much this year, but because I workout so hard, I have high expectations for myself. I haven't been happy with a 5k race time for a few years, so hopefully I will be able to perform well and not disappoint myself. My sis, Sarah, has suggested that I just run to enjoy it, but I enjoy the feeling of a good finishing time so much, I am willing to endure 20 or so minutes of the gut-wrenching pushing of my body that achieving a good time will take. I know this is odd to many of you, but it's just the way I am.

4 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

Haha KELLY!! That is just the way you are! I think your athletic competitiveness is something that makes you unique. You will do great in the Maple Leaf 5k... no doubt about it!!

Melyssa said...

Yes, you're odd. :) But that's why I love you so much!

Unknown said...

I don't remember suggesting that, but it sounds like something I'd say. If I had your competitive edge, I'd surely feel the same way about races. Maybe once I've been triathlon-ing for long enough, I'll feel that way about racing, too.

Unknown said...

p.s. you are gonna rock!!!!